The film festival abstract submission is now closed.
Deadlines Film Festival:
Submission of abstracts:
January 30, 2017 Extended to February 6, 2017, 11.59 PM, GMT+1 Closed
Decision acceptance made: March 1, 2017
Submission of films via We-Transfer: March 16, 2017
The top 30 film submissions as judged by the Program Committee will be shown in the video theatre at least twice during WGC-2017 and special prizes will be awarded to the three winning films. The film submissions should directly or indirectly relate to glaucoma.
Guidelines for the Film Submission
- Up to 3 films per producer will be accepted. The primary producer
may be co-producer of other films.
- The producer must be a registered delegate for the World Glaucoma
- The deadline for abstract submission of videos is
January 30, 2017. Extended to February 6, 2017, 11.59 PM, GMT+1 expired
- The 1st of March, all authors will be informed on the decision to accept or reject the abstract.
- Authors of accepted abstracts send their film to the congress secretariat via We-Transfer before March 16, 2017. No films submitted after the deadline will be accepted for judging
- Theme(s) of the films must be related to “Glaucoma” directly or indirectly.
- All the films will be reviewed by our panel of judges that comprises leading experts in the field.
- Up to 30 top films will be shown in the Video Theatre during the congress. There will be prizes for the best 3 films. The decision of the Judges is final.
- Films must not exceed 8 minutes including opening, introduction and closing acknowledgments. Films should not promote the use of any commercial product.
- The World Glaucoma Congress 2017 holds the non-exclusive copyright for all materials to be presented at the Congress and in the Program Book.
- All presentations and materials must be in English.
- Opening must include financial interest statement. Financial and proprietary disclosures should be placed right after the title of the film.
- Acknowledgement should be given to relevant contributors.
Checklist for Film Submission
- Limit: 3 films submissions per producer
- Length: Films must not exceed 8 minutes including opening, introduction and closing acknowledgments.
- Judging Criteria:
- Scientific content
- Applicability / educational value
- Cinematic / technical excellence
- Format and rules compliance: e.g. financial interest disclosure
- Other criteria as deemed appropriate by the panel of judges
- Title: The title should be entered in title format and should describe the material appropriately.
- Abstracts: An abstract of not more than 80 words of your proposed film is mandatory and must be submitted through the film festival abstract
submission website, which can be found here. Abstracts will be published exactly as submitted in the Final Program Book.
- Format: The film should be produced in the following format: – MPEG2 in NTSC (720 x 480 Resolution).
Please ensure that the film is in the correct format. We strongly recommend that you preview your film in a system other than the one on which it was produced before submission to the World Glaucoma Congress 2017.
- Film must be received by the WGC Congress Organizer MCI on or before March 16, 2017. Please send your film via www.wetransfer.com (please address to email@example.com and enter the producer’s name and film title exactly as stated in the abstract submitted through the online system in the we-transfer message box).
The official language of the congress is English.
For more information please contact:
World Glaucoma Congress 2017
C/o MCI Amsterdam
1062 HE Amsterdam
T: +31 20 575 4220